Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 10

I spent two hours cleaning Will's room today. It looks beautiful. The only problem with cleaning Will's room is it allows him to find his stuff again--his coin collection, his baseball card collection, his key chain collection. Yes, that's right, his key chain collection. He'd forgotten all about it! But now he remembers it! Because I uncovered it under all that junk.

So he's been a busy little bee all afternoon, exploring all the wonderful things his room holds, now that he can actually see them. He likes to take them off the shelves I've so carefully placed them on and ponder them, mix and match them, draw pictures of them, cut out the pictures and tape them to the wall, leaving little teeny tiny scraps of leftover paper on the floor. And so the cycle begins again.

That's Day 10 in a nutshell: My life on the Sisyphean Merry-Go-Round. Or escalator. What's the correct metaphor here? Whatever it is, I'm dizzy and need a cup of tea. More soon!

6 comments:

The dB family said...

A child's clean bedroom!? I haven't seen one of those in years ;o)! Hopefully it stays clean for a few days.

Blessings!
Deborah

Pom Pom said...

Oh, I can sense Will's delight! It reminds me of Mole, adoring his things.

Danielle said...

If our Thanksgiving guests are to be able to literally sleep here, the Herculean task of getting rooms cleared of stuff and cleaned must continue! Wanting to see them is what keeps me going.

For household chores, I've always been partial to Greek metaphors. I often feel like my family plays the role of the capricious gods reigning down clutter and dirt just when I've made some progress to keep my in my place.

Angela said...

I think Sisyphus was going uphill all the time,not round and round. I am sleeping in a wonderfully tidy bedroom tonight. Thisis because it is is someone else's house and they have worked hard to make it so.
I have left Bob to sleep alone in a terrible tip.
I am a terribly neglectful wife!!

magsmcc said...

Ha ha ha ha, too hysterical after Angela's comment for coherent thought- except to say that we had our first bangers sub-committee meeting this morning over breakfast and findings are as yet inconclusive...

Tracy said...

Yep - Will and Mr Busy are messy-room twins. All the way to finding long lost treasures which sparks a new mess right away. *sigh*