(Since I have lots of colorful fabric around for quilting, I've started experimenting with it. For instance, I've always meant to make curtains for this kitchen door, but have gone back and forth about what style and what color. I like this orange, don't you?)
1. When it's been a 100+ degrees for three days in a row, 92 degrees feels quite delightful.
2. I finally found a pesto recipe I can live with. Because Jack is allergic to tree nuts, I can't use pine nuts in my pesto, but I finally found a recipe that simply omits the pine nuts and doubles the Parmesan. Works like a charm!
3. The boys have discovered the joys of sleepovers--at other people's houses!
4. I have renewed my commitment to undieting. It feels so much better not to diet. The only problem is, right now I'm a size 14, which doesn't make me happy. BUT I have developed a new mantra. Try it: In many cultures I would be revered as a goddess. You must stand up very tall and regal when you tell yourself this. Repeat 10-12 times a day. You'll feel great!
(Same orange "curtain," later in the day.)
5. I have given up sugar and alcohol in effort to get back to a size 10 without dieting. I have also started swimming. Right now I can go about twenty yards without drowning. I think that's swell.
6. I'm having fun thinking about changes I'm going to make to my house that don't involve spending thousands of dollars on new furniture.
7. I'm also having fun dreaming of spending thousands of dollars for new furniture.
8. Actually, spending thousands of dollars on gently used furniture is also a pretty cheerful thought.
9. I'm happy that I'm back in my bloggy neighborhood. This spring was not good for blogging or spending my time with my blog-o-sphere friends. But I'm back, baby. I'm thinking about trying to blog every weekday. Possible? Stay tuned.
10. Tomatoes and basil! 'Nuff said!
The Technology All Died
2 hours ago