Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Post Deleted

I just deleted a post. It's one that took a long time to write, not that it was particularly earth-shattering. It was about how some people irritate you and it's a drag, while other people irritate you and it's kind of fun. But it went on and on, and after I'd finished it, I thought to myself, 'You're starting to sound like a crank. People at the farmers' market irritate you and now people who e-mail you with requests to sponsor them on their Walks to Save Everything and Everyone in the World irritate you. Who doesn't irritate you?'

Well, I am highly irritable, it's true. I am judgmental and irritable and not that much fun to be around until I've had my morning coffee. But a lot of people delight me. I just wanted to make that clear. I find many people delightful. I am a crank, but I am a soft-hearted, sentimental crank who is delighted by all sorts of people and any number of dogs. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

8 comments:

Victoria said...

I'm sure I would've LOVED that deleted post.

Tracy said...

ROFL. I can't tell you how many times I am inclined to say something like "I'm not a very nice person". Perhaps a better way of saying that is that I'm a down-to-earth call-it-like-it-is kind of person. See, now there's nothing wrong with that, is there?!

I reckon all us cranks ought to stick together! I've got the coffee....or a pot of tea anytime you want to hang out LOL.

Dulce Domum said...

Oh, I wish you hadn't deleted the post I do love a good cranky rant. Everything irritates me, but I repress it. One day I'll rip off my pinny and have a case of the screaming ab-dabs just to let out my pent-up rage...it will probably happen in the queue at the post-office, be warned.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Well, maybe I'll re-post after an interim of several serene, "I love everyone" posts, just so no one gets the wrong idea about me. Actually, the wrong idea would be that I'm serene and love everyone, but let's keep that among ourselves.

Tracy said...

Frances, you are so funny!

I have an award for you, at my blog:
http://beyondmypicketfence.blogspot.com/2008/08/very-special-blogging-award.html

jersn said...

honesty should never delegate how we speak (or write). i read one post of yours and i like it. found you because apparently we like the same DFW book. yeah, i forgot that yellow cover too.

Ali said...

The deleted post was there in my bloglines and was the funniest thing I'd read in ages. Sometimes it's good to have someone you love to hate e-mail you from time to time.

I'm irritable too, but with a soft centre. Know where you're coming from.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Ali, how funny that you read the deleted post before I deleted it! I'm glad you found it humorous and not an indication that I'm a misanthrope unfit for society. I worry about these sort of things.

jersn, thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you liked a post of mine. The yellow DFW cover drives me nuts, but I love that book so much (A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again, for anyone who's wondering) that I can't take it off the bookshelf. I need to know where it is those nights I have insomnia and have to read something I know I'll love.