Saturday, May 3, 2014
1. Baseball season has started. My life belongs to Little League.
2. It is 3:35 on a Saturday afternoon. I have spent all day working in the garden and in the garage.
3. I turn 50 at the end of the month.
4. It is possible I'm too old to spend all day working in the garden and the garage.
5. I am very tired.
6. I mean deeply, down to the marrow of my bones tired.
7. Once again I ask: Where are my children?
8. Will and I found an old horseshoe set in the garage. With real horseshoes.
9. I am pretty dang good at horseshoes, in case you were wondering.
10. Every year I repeat the profound truth that Danielle pronounced several years ago: May is the new December.
11. Have you noticed that a lot of people have been putting pink or blue or magenta streaks in their hair? I mean, everyone--little kids, teenagers, grandmothers.
12. I have been putting tiny little gray streaks into my hair. It's very chic.
13. We have tomatoes on some of our tomato plants. You know what that means.
14. Tomato sandwiches!
15. In July.
16. I plan on sitting around a lot in July.
17. July is the new July.
18. It's also the old July.
19. Now I'm just being silly.
20. Enjoy your weekend!