Saturday, March 6, 2010

Another Crazy Week

Busy, busy again, and add to that I got sick on Tuesday night. I was watching Jack's basketball game, and suddenly I felt my cheeks get hot. The excitement of the game? Maybe. But as soon as we got home, I went to bed, and I had a hard time getting up in the morning.

But it was one of those weeks when I couldn't stay in bed. Fortunately, I was functional, and so I got 'er done, and I tried to keep my woes to myself.

Now we're on our way to Washington, D.C., for four days, and when we return I'll have the rest of the week to lounge about, since it's the boys' spring break. I have big dreams of doing a thorough spring cleaning. I want to clean out all the cupboards and straighten out the laundry room and dust all the places that don't get dusted (there are a lot of those) and go through the kids' stuff and purge.

Jack's team lost the game, by the way. But they played well, and Jack was Mr. Defense. It's funny, the assumptions you make about your children. Jack is not a big jock, and I've always assumed his athletic skills were limited--that he was like me in that regard. But he's really put his mind to it this season and tried hard. It's made me very proud of him, and really thrilled me to see how much better he's gotten. It's been an important lesson in remembering my kids are still growing and developing and that nothing is set in stone yet. Maybe I've been too quick to label Jack as smart but not athletic. Who knows what surprises he still has up his sleeve?

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

There are so many things about parenting that I just don't understand yet. Our kids are in their twenties.

Tracy said...

Enjoy your time in Washington...and enjoy all that sorting, dusting and purging.

When you're done, I could provide some extra practice if you need it!